- Astromagic - Professional Astrometry Software
The software allows the user to extract highly accurate astrometric measurements of sources from FITS images. In particular, its capabilities extend to frames exposed with non-sidereal tracking, and to images on which the target detection is elongated or trailed.
In the PRO version, it is possible to perform measurements on a stacked image.
Hardware and Operating System requirements
The program works on PC in a Windows 10 or higher environment with a minimum of 2 GB of RAM.
Features of the current version include:
- Reads FITS (8, 16 ,32 and 64 bit file image).
- The size of the images is only limited by the available memory.
- Automatic image calibration (Dark Frame and Flat Field correction).
- Blinking with automatic image alignment (2 or more images)
- Zoom for image inspection.)
- Multi-Files automatic processing.
- Automatic Istogramm Stretching.
- Automatic reference star identification.
- Use the GAIA-DR3 catalog
- Automatic matching even for images with non-sidereal tracking
- Stacking with astrometry even for images with non-sidereal motion (only PRO version)
The Italian amateur astronomer (b. 1961) is active in the development of astronomical software. He is part of the observational staff at the Serafino Zani astronomical observatory, where he leads the technology and computer section.
Dott. David J. Tholen
is an American astronomer at the Institute for Astronomy of the University of Hawaii (IfA). He hold a 1984 PhD from the University of Arizona, and specializes in planetary and solar system astronomy. Its routin are used for the part of the program astrometrics
We thank Dr. Marco Micheli of NEO Coordination Centre ESA astrometry expert asteroid without which it would be possible to carry out this software.